The U.S. Department of State issues visas tooltip to foreign nationals tooltip traveling to the United States through its embassies or consulates tooltip. However, you do not need a visa for your business meeting or for vacation if you are a citizen of any of the 39 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program.
Your reason for travel will determine the type of visa you need to enter the U.S. Some of the most commonly requested visas are:
- Immigrant visa for permanent residency tooltip
- Visitor visas for tourism or business
- Fiancé(e) visa to marry your U.S. citizen fiancé(e), and live, in the U.S.
- Visas for students
- Business or professional visas for citizens of Canada and Mexico
- Transit visa for traveling through the U.S. on your way to visit another country