The ISCAS 2023 Organizing Committee invites proposals for Special Sessions to be held during the 2023 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems in Monterey, California, from 21st May till 25th May 2023.
Special sessions complement the regular technical program by highlighting new and emerging research topics or innovative applications of established approaches. The topic of a special session proposal should be timely and compelling.
Download Call For Special Sessions (pdf)
While we welcome special sessions in all areas of Circuits and Systems, we are particularly interested in focused research topics, especially those with interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary nature, specifically those related to the conference innovation themes:
- Emerging Technologies
- Big Data Processing
- Smart Systems for Automotive
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cognitive Computing and Deep Learning
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Personalized Healthcare Systems
- Sustainable Computing and Systems
- Brain: Innovation NeuroTechnologies
- Energy-aware Systems and Services
- Internet of Things
- 5G and Multi-Gigabit Optoelectronics Comm
Special sessions can also cover any other area focusing on challenging open problems of relevance in applications.
The participation of speakers from industry in a special session proposal is encouraged and will be positively evaluated when the proposal is assessed.
Note that all papers will be subject to the same peer review process as for regular papers.
- Special Session Proposals Submissions: 28 Oct. 2022
- Special Session Proposals Notification: 4 Nov. 2022
- Special Session Papers Submission Deadline: 14 Nov. 2022
- Notification of acceptance (for all papers): 20 Jan. 2023
Special Session Proposals
Please submit proposals (approximately 3 pages) in pdf format by email to the Special Sessions Co- Chairs:
- Prof Eduard Alarcon email@example.com
- Prof Hadi Heidari Hadi.Heidari@glasgow.ac.uk
Proposal should include the following information:
- Title and abstract: Propose a title and a brief abstract of no more than approximately 100 words that will allow conference attendees to understand the topic and the focus of the special session.
- Rationale: Please explain why the topic of the special session is novel and timely, why it is relevant to the ISCAS community and how it possibly fits within the innovation themes listed above.
- Proposed speakers: Provide a list of all talks, speakers, and co-authors (in each associated paper). Technical sessions are normally expected to have 5 papers. In exceptional cases (like industrial talks, or contributions by particularly renowned speakers) it may be possible to have sessions of one talk without an associate paper or a talk which will have a double-time slot for the presentation. In these cases, please contact the Special Sessions Chairs in advance (before submitting your proposal) to explain the rationale of your request.
- Biographies: Provide a short bio-sketch of the session proposers.
An important aspect in the evaluation of special session proposals will be the timeliness of the topic, quality/track record of the proposers and speakers, coherence of the session and expected value added to the overall technical program. Notifications of acceptance/rejection will be provided by November 4, 2022.